Copa America 2021: Peru vs Paraguay prediction and betting tips (July 2)
Peru lost one match only in the group stage and will meet a third-place team from group A, Paraguay, in the quarter-final in Goiаnia on Friday.
Peru team at Copa America 2021
Peru team at Copa America 2021

Paraguay is set to meet Peru in the first stage of the playoff. These teams share the same quality of play and have a long story of face to face meetings. This 1/4 final match will take place on 2 July 2021 by local time at the Olímpico Pedro Ludovico stadium in Goiania, Brazil.

International betting sites are confident that teams are equal and see no clear favorite in this match. Bets on Peru to win are taken with the odds of 2.96 (+196 American), whereas Paraguay is priced at 2.87 (+187). These outcomes have an equal probability of 32.9% and 34%, respectively. Tie goes with the odds of 2.95 (+American) and probability of 33.1%.

Wager on Paraguay to qualify to the semi-final stage can be placed with the odds of 1.88 (-114 American), while the same outcome for Peru goes with the odds of 1.92 (-109 American). Paraguay's chance to qualify is 51%, whereas Peru's chance is equal to 49%.

Will Peru repeat the result of the previous head-to-head match and beat Paraguay?

Peru vs Paraguay: Copa America 2021 match preview

The Bicolour started the group stage with a heavy defeat (0-4) against the group B winner, Brazil. It was an important lesson which let them not to lose other matches in the group. Firstly, they swept Columbia (2-1), which brought them more confidence. Then there was a draw against Ecuador (2-2). In the last match they beat Venezuela and finished second.

Peru haven’t lost to Paraguay in the last 7 matches in a row: Paraguay won against Peru 7 years ago. The Incas scored against the Guaranies in the last 8 of their face to face fixtures. If Peru score again this time, the odds of 1.55 (-182 American) will play out

The White and Red had two favorites in its group. Argentina defeated Paraguay (1-0), as well as Uruguay, with the same score. But wins in the other matches pushed Paraguay into the playoffs. Among them easy games against Bolivia (3-1) and Chile (2-0), which led The Guaranies to third place in their group.

Face to face match results against Peru look much worse than other games. Paraguay won over Peru two times in 10 matches in the course of 10 years and scored 6 times in these fixtures. Bet on Paraguay not to score is priced with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American).

Peru vs Paraguay: latest team news and lineups

Peruvian centre-back Alexander Callens may miss this match, because he had not enough time to recover after the match against Venezuela.

Christian Ramos has caught 2 yellow cards, which may stop his coach from letting him play in the next match. Andre Carrillo, Pedro Gallese, Yoshimar Yotun and Martin Tavara received their yellow cards too.

Antonio Bareiro, Paraguay's winger, will skip the fixture against Peru for sure. He injured his knee in a match against Chile.

Omar Alderete, Junior Alonso, Hector Martinez, Gustavo Gomez, Angel Cardozo Lucena, Santiago Arsamendia and Alberto Espinola each received his yellow card in the group stage matches.

Probable Peru lineup: Pedro Gallese, Luis Abram, Alexander Callens, Marcos López, Aldo Corzo, Renato Tapia, Yoshimar Yotún, Christian Cueva, Sergio Peña, André Carrillo, Gianluca Lapadula.

Probable Paraguay lineup: Antony Silva, Gustavo Gómez, Omar Alderete, Santiago Arzamendia, Alberto Espínola, Gastón Giménez, Andrés Cubas, Miguel Almirón, Kaku, Angel Romero, Braian Samudio.

Peru vs Paraguay: key players

Andre Carrillo is the fourth-place attacker at Copa America 2021 now. He played two matches in this tournament and scored in both. There were 2 goals in 162 minutes, after which he came second in the goal per minute rate at the tournament. Carrillo must fill his spot in the starting lineup, and it's highly probable that he will score again.

Angel Romero must be in the starting lineup of his team too. He scored two goals against Bolivia in the first match of the Copa America. Angel created 8 chances in 4 matches for his teammates. He contested in 35 duels against his rivals and took 5 shots on target. Needless to say that these forwards scored both goals in the previous game against Peru (2-2).

Peru vs Paraguay: betting tips for Copa America 2021 match

Generally, Peru looks a little bit better, but Paraguay players showed high attacking potential in the group stage. However, I think that this match will be difficult for Eduardo Berizzo's squad morale. They haven't won over The Incas for 7 matches. Think they will lose again.

Peru to qualify for the next stage with the odds of 1.95 (+105 American)

Both these teams scored in 4 of 13 head-to-head games. Also, Angel Romero scored two goals against Peru in the previous match, and he is the best Paraguayan forward as of now.

Both teams to score — No with the odds of 1.53 (-189 American)

Player to score at any time. Angel Romero — Yes with the odds of 3.60 (+260 American)

Peru — Paraguay
Won
Futures
Peru to qualify for the next stage
1.95
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!