Copa America 2021: Argentina vs Colombia prediction and betting tips (July 6)
Colombia overcame favourites Uruguay to be in the semis of Copa America 2021, and will meet Argentina with raging Messi in Brasilia on Tuesday.
Messi at Copa America 2021
Messi at Copa America 2021

Los Cafeteros were in the finals of Copa America twice. Reinaldo Rueda`s men will have to beat powerful Argentina to qualify for the final stage for the third time. The Argentina vs Colombia match at Copa America 2021 will take place on 6 July 2021 by local time at the Estádio Nacional de Brasília Mané Garrincha stadium in Brasilia. Let’s discuss predictions for the Argentina — Colombia match winner, who will meet either Brazil or Peru in the final.

Argentina vs Colombia: latest odds on betting sites

After the Colombia’s semi-final match against Uruguay, online bookmakers are less confident in Argentina. But still Albiceleste keep being the favourites of this fixture. Their win in full-time is priced with the odds of 1.81 (-123 American), which equals an approximate probability of 55%. In turn, Colombia’s win in 90 minutes is priced with the odds of 5.20 (+420), a chance of 19%. Draw comes with the odds of 3.60 (+260), a chance of 26%.

Qualification odds are as follows: Argentina — 1.41 (-244), Colombia — 2.91 (+191). So the chances to get into the finals are 71% to 29% in favor of Argentina.

Argentina vs Colombia: Copa America 2021 match preview

Lionel Scaloni`s men tied against Chile (1-1) in their first match of the group stage. Then they won to nil twice, first time against Uruguay (1-0) and then against Paraguay (1-0). The last match in the group stage was against Bolivia. It finished in favor of Argentina too (4-1). The first Albiceleste`s rival in the playoff was Ecuador. Argentina swept La Tri (3-0) to qualify for the semis. After this match, Argentina’s streak extended to 16 matches without losses

Messi and company have conceded 0.4 goals on average in the last 5 fixtures. Albiceleste`s players scored 10 goals, created 47 chances in a penalty area and made 6 assists. In the same timeframe, Los Cafeteros scored 3 goals, created 42 chances and made 2 assists only. Argentina looks much stronger than their rival, and that is perfectly obvious.

Lionel Scaloni`s men have scored 2.1 goals on avarage in the last 16 matches. Argentina to score over 1.5 goals is priced with the odds of 2.15 (+115). In the last 5 head to head games between these teams Colombia had 45 chances with 11 shots on target, with 54/26 ratio for La Albiceleste. Argentina scored 8 goals, and Colombia scored 4.

Colombia won to nil against Ecuador (1-0) in the first fixture of the group stage. Then Los Cafeteros tied against Venezuela (0-0): in this match Colombia failed as much as 8 shots on target. Afterwards Reinaldo Rueda`s boys lost twice in close games against Peru (1-2) and Brazil (1-2). In the quarter-final Colombia met Uruguay, which had not been a comfortable rival. But still Los Cafeteros beat La Celeste in a penalty shootout.

Los Cafeteros have scored in 7 of their last 9 fixtures. Colombia to score in the next match is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125) on betting sites. Reinaldo Rueda`s men have the lowest percentage of fruitful shots in the semis of Copa America. Only 10.5% shots ended with a goal, while their rival is at 28%. However, Colombian defense is the best amongst the teams in the semis, and you should take it into account.

Argentina vs Colombia: latest team news and lineups

Lionel Scaloni`s men are in perfect form and no one will not miss the semi-final due to injuries. Nicolás Otamendi and Nicolás González caught yellow cards in the previous match against Ecuador, so they may not be in the starting roster.

Yairo Moreno, Colombia`s left-back, will not play against Argentina this time, because he injured his muscle in the first game of the group stage against Ecuador.

Colombia hasn’t yellow or red cards at the moment, and each player, apart from Yario Moreno, is able to play in this fixture.

Probable Argentina lineup: Emiliano Martínez, Cristian Romero, Germán Pezzella, Nicolás Tagliafico, Nahuel Molina, Guido Rodríguez, Leandro Paredes, Lionel Messi, Ángel Di María, Lautaro Martínez, Sergio Aguero.

Probable Colombia lineup: David Ospina, Davinson Sánchez, Yerry Mina, William Tesillo, Daniel Muñoz, Wilmar Barrios, Mateus Uribe, Juan Cuadrado, Luis Díaz, Duván Zapata, Miguel Borja.

Argentina vs Colombia: key players

Lionel Messi is the best scorer at Copa America 2021. Argentina’s right-winger hasn't stopped after the group stage: he scored a goal and made 2 assists in the quarter-final too. Overall he scored 4 goals and made 4 assists, whereas all Colombia`s players scored 3 goals and made 2 assists in total. Messi has been in the starting lineup of every game.

Lautaro Martínez is another Albiceleste`s star player. He scored 2 goals and took 6 shots on target in 248 minutes. He had a fantastic season in Serie A, where he scored 17 goals and made 6 assists. I am looking forward to his performance in the next match.

Miguel Borja is a Colombian forward, who scored a goal and made an assist in 195 minutes at Copa America. He is not as good as Argentina`s star players, but still, he is fast too and keeps being the best forward of the Colombian team.

Argentina vs Colombia: betting tips for the Copa America 2021 match

Colombia`s attack looks very weak. They took 19 shots on target only, scored 3 goals with 2 assists. Chances of them overcoming the solid defences of Argentina are extremely low.

Colombia to score at any time No with the odds of 2.01 (+101 American)

Albiceleste`s forwards took more shots on target than the opponent, with a higher percentage of success. Their skills will be enough to eliminate Colombia in 90 minutes.

Team to win in 90 minutes Argentina with the odds of 1.81 (-123 American)

Argentina — Colombia
Lost
Futures
Colombia to score at any time — No
2.01
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!