Copa America 2021: Colombia vs Peru prediction and betting tips (July 9)
Both teams will finish performing at Copa America after this match, but one of them will take the third place, and the other will leave empty-handed.
Luis Diaz at Copa America 2021
Luis Diaz at Copa America 2021

Colombia showed incredible performance at Copa America, but was eliminated in the semi-final to play against Peru for the third place. The Colombia vs Peru fixture will take place on 9 July 2021 by local time, at the Estadio Nacional de Brasilia Mane Garrincha in Brasilia. In the GMT time zone, the match starts at midnight on 10 July 2021.

Online bookmakers consider Colombia as a favourite of the next game and have priced Colombia's win in full-time with the odds of 1.94 (-106 American). Odds on Peru to beat their opponent in 90 minutes are 4.44 (+344). These outcomes are equal to approximate probabilities of 49.5% and 22.5%, respectively. Tie in 90 minutes of the match comes with the odds of 3.54 (+254), which equals to chances of 28%.

Bets on Colombia to take the third place at Copa America are taken with the odds of 1.50 (-200), whereas the same outcome for Peru comes with the odds of 2.65 (+165). The chances are as follows: Colombia — 66%, Peru — 34%.

Colombia vs Peru: Copa America 2021 match preview

Reinaldo Rueda's men suffered a difficult way to the semis. Los Cafeteros finished their group third with only one win against Ecuador (1-0). There were two losses against Peru (1-2) and Brazil (1-2) and a draw against Venezuela (0-0). The playoff stage has been unbearable for Colombia so far, with two favourites as their opponents. They were lucky to beat Uruguay (4-2) in a penalty shootout, but Argentina knocked them out of the fight

Colombia have been defeated by Peru only once in their last 19 H2H fixtures, but it happened in the group stage at Copa America 2021 in a very close match. Colombia possess good attackers, but there is no top scorer in the team.

Los Cafeteros have taken 23 shots on target with 4 goals, being the least goal per attempt ratio of the tournament. This is the reason why Colombia have not scored more than a goal in their last 6 fixtures. An individual total under 1.5 goals for Colombia is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125). To sum it up, Reinaldo Rueda's men are able to create a lot of moments, but have problems with completing their chances successfully.

Los Incas look much stronger than their opponent. In the group stage, they lost 1 fixture only, and after that they defeated Colombia (2-1) and Venezuela (1-0) and tied against Ecuador (2-2). In the quarter-final they beat Paraguay (4-3) in a penalty shootout, but were defeated by Brazil (1-0) in the semis.

It is worth mentioning that Peru have lost only against Brazil at Copa America, and the other opponents have not beaten Los Incas. Peru have scored in 4 of their last 5 matches. Considering that Colombia's defence has not shown high-level play with only 193 defensive actions, which was the least in the semis, I think that they have a good chance to score in the next fixture. Los Incas to score in the Colombia's goal comes with the odds of 1.55 (-182).

Another strong side of Rivardo Gareca's men is the highest goal per attempt ratio at Copa America. There have been 8 goals scored and 42 shots taken by this team by now. Such a performance will help Peru to score in the next fixture and may let them beat their opponent.

Colombia vs Peru: latest team news and lineups

Yairo Moreno and Mateus Uribe, Colombia's left-back and midfielder, will not play. Yairo has injured his muscle, whereas Matheus Uribe has damaged his hip.

Paulo Gerrero, 37-years-old forward from Peru, will skip the next fixture too. He has not had enough time to recover after his injury.

There are no yellow and red cards in both teams at the moment.

Probable Colombia lineup: David Ospina, Davinson Sanchez, Yerry Mina, William Tesillo, Daniel Munoz, Wilmar Barrios, Luis Diaz, Juan Cuadrado, Luis Díaz, Duvan Zapata, Miguel Borja.

Probable Peru lineup: Pedro Gallese, Luis Abram, Alexander Callens, Marcos Lopez, Aldo Corzo, Renato Tapia, Yoshimar Yotun, Christian Cueva, Sergio Peña, Andre Carrillo, Santiago Ormeno.

Colombia vs Peru: key players

Luis Diaz has scored 2 out of 4 goals for Colombia at Copa America. Luis has taken 3 shots on target to achieve this, so he should come up in the starting roster and may score again.

Andre Carrillo keeps being the fourth-place scorer at Copa America, in spite of the fact that he received a red card against Paraguay and skipped the fixture against Brazil. He has scored 2 goals and made an assist, so Andre must come back to the starting roster this time.

Colombia vs Peru: betting tips for America Cup 2021 match

Colombia are not in the best conditions at the moment. They have troubles in the attack and defence, whereas Peru show good preparation in their attacking formation. Despite Colombia's overall higher rating, Peru have fine chances not to lose in 90 minutes.

Peru not to lose in full time — Yes with the odds of 1.99 (-101 American)

But still, Colombia have scored in 8 H2H matches against Peru. Los Incas have successfully executed many of their moments too, scoring in 4 of their last 5 matches. So betting on both teams to score in the head-to-head meeting looks like a solid choice.

Both team to score — Yes with the odds of 1.99 (-101 American)

Football Copa America 2021 . Third place match
Colombia — Peru
Won
Futures
Both teams to score
1.99
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!