Copa America 2021: Uruguay vs Colombia prediction and betting tips (July 3)
Uruguay is ready to beat Colombia in Brasilia on Sunday, in order to qualify for the 1/2 finals and continue its road to the 16-th Copa America trophy.
Luis Suarez at Copa America 2021
Luis Suarez at Copa America 2021

Colombia meets Uruguay, the most successful team at Copa America. This match will take place on 3 July 2021 by local time at the Estádio Nacional de Brasília Mané Garrincha in Brasilia. The winner of this quarter-final will meet either Argentina or Ecuador in the semis.

Uruguay vs Colombia: latest odds on betting sites

Uruguay’s win in 90 minutes is priced with the odds of 2.35 (+135 American), which equals an approximate probability of 42.5%. Colombia’ victory in full-time goes with the odds of 3.70 (+270 American), whereas a draw is priced with the odds of 3.03 (+203 American). The chances of these outcomes are 27% and 30.5%, respectively.

Wager on Paraguay to qualify to the semi-final stage can be placed with the odds of 1.65 (-154 American). Colombia’s participation in the semis comes with the odds of 2.24 (+124 American). The chances are as follows: Uruguay — 60.5% Colombia — 39.5%

Uruguay vs Colombia: Copa America 2021 match preview

La Celeste lost one match only in the group stage, against Argentina (0-1). The second fixture, between them and Chile ended in a draw (1-1). Then Uruguay beat Bolivia (2-0), who lost every match, and eliminated Paraguay (1-0) to finish the group stage second

Uruguay haven’t lost in 13 of its last 16 matches. A total number of goals was under 2.5 in the last 7 Uruguayan fixtures in a row. Total number of goals under 2.5 in the match against Colombia is priced with the odds of 1.51 (-196 American). The Sky Blue haven’t lost in the last 3 matches against Los Cafeteros and also haven’t lost their home fixtures for 21 years.

Los Cafeteros won the first match in the group stage against Ecuador (1-0). After this victory Reinaldo Rueda`s men haven’t won in the group B. There was a draw against Venezuela (1-1), after which Colombia was defeated by Peru (1-2) in a very close game. The last match finished in a defeat for Colombia: Brazil was its rival and won over them with a score of 2-1.

Los Cafeteros scored in 4 of their last 5 matches. Bet on Colombia to score in the next fixture comes with the odds of 1.6 (-167 American). Team of Reinaldo Rueda has seen a total number of goals over 2.5 in 8 of its last 10 fixtures. Total number of goals over 2.5 in the next game is priced with the odds of 2.74 (+174 American).

Uruguay vs Colombia: latest team news and lineups

Ronald Araujo, Uruguay`s centre-back, will miss the fixture against Colombia, because he has muscle injury. Brian Ocampo, Lucas Torreira and Fede Valverde have received their yellow cards in the group stage. Uruguay has not caught a red card, yet.

Yairo Moreno will not play against Uruguay this time, because he injured his muscle in the first game of the group stage against Ecuador.

Juan Cuadrado and Mateus Uribe each received two yellow cards, which may stop his coach from letting them play in the next match. Miguel Borja, David Ospina, Wilmar Barrios, Gustavo Cuellar, Daniel Munoz and Rafael Borre received yellow cards too.

Probable Uruguay lineup: Fernando Muslera, José María Giménez, Diego Godín, Matías Viña, Giovanni González, Lucas Torreira, Fede Valverde, Rodrigo Bentancur, Nicolás De La Cruz, Luis Suárez, Edinson Cavani.

Probable Colombia lineup: David Ospina, Davinson Sánchez, Yerry Mina, William Tesillo, Daniel Muñoz, Wilmar Barrios, Mateus Uribe, Juan Cuadrado, Luis Díaz, Duván Zapata, Miguel Borja.

Uruguay vs Colombia: key players

Edinson Cavani is the top scorer in the Uruguayan camp at the moment. He scored his goals in the last 2 matches. Cavani created 4 chances in the rivals` penalty area and took 5 shots on target. It is highly probable that he will score in the next match.

Luis Suarez scored one goal only and created 6 chances at Copa America, but he keeps being the best forward of the team overall. He won La Liga 2020/21 and scored 21 goals in 32 matches. I think Suarez will show his skills in the fixture against Colombia.

Miguel Borja is a Colombian forward, who scored a goal and made an assist in 195 minutes at Copa America. He hasn’t had enough time to create enough chances, but I think we will see him in the starting lineup. He is still able to unleash his potential.

Uruguay vs Colombia: betting tips for Copa America 2021 match

I think we will see Luis Suarez in the starting lineup. He created 6 chances in the rival`s penalty area and took 6 shots on target, which is the highest number on a team level, but scored one goal only. He should score the second one against Colombia.

Luis Suarez to score at any time with the odds of 2.50 (+150 American)

Uruguay just looks stronger. There were 18 shots on target by La Celeste at Copa America, whereas Reinaldo Rueda`s men took 10 shots on target only. At Copa America, Uruguay had 48 chances to score a goal, Colombia — 35. Upper mentioned facts make odds of around 2.50 on Uruguay to win in 90 minutes worth taking.

Uruguay to win with the odds of 2.35 (+135 American)
Uruguay — Colombia
Lost
Futures
Uruguay to win
2.35
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!