The Lille vs Wolfsburg fixture will take place on Tuesday, 14 September 2021, starting at 7 p.m. GMT. The venue is Stade Pierre-Mauroy, Villeneuve-d'Ascq. Lille vs Wolfsburg (September 14) prediction and betting tips can be found below.
Lille vs Wolfsburg (September 14) latest odds on betting sites
Wolfsburg are priced with the odds of 2.70 (+170 American; 17/10 Fractional) to win over Lille. Their chances are approximately equal to 36%. Lille’s triumph comes with the odds of 2.90 (+190; 19/10), which equals an approximate probability of 34.5%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.20 (+220; 11/5) in the first round. The chances of this outcome are 29.5%.
The latest odds for Lille vs Wolfsburg (September 14) betting markets:
- Over 2.5 goals — 2.30 (+130; 13/10)
- Under 2.5 goals — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
- Asian goals handicap (-1.5) games on Wolfsburg— 5.00 (+400; 4/1)
- Asian goals handicap (+1.5) games on Lille — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
- Burak Yilmaz to score at any time — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
- Jonathan David to score at any time — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
Lille vs Wolfsburg (September 14) match preview and stats
Lille started the 2021-22 season badly. They are 12th in Ligue 1 with only one victory and two draws. But we should not forget that Les Dogues won the 2021 Trophee Des Champions versus PSG (1-0). Other Lille’s rivals in 2021 were Metz (3-3), Nice (0-4), Saint-Etienne (1-1), Montpelier (2-1), and Lorient (1-2).
In the most recent fixture, Lille were defeated by Lorient, who dominated from the start of the game. Lorient made 14 shots and seven on target, whereas Lille made nine and three, respectively.
In spite of their disappointing results, overall Les Dogues’ stats are not that bad. They have created 46 chances in penalty areas in five matches and have made 49 shots, with 21 being of them on target. In defence, they have made 127 defensive actions in five fixtures.
We have seen a total over 2.5 goals in four of the last five fixtures with Lille participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130; 13/10) in the next match.
Lille team news: Renato Sanches — knee injury Domagoj Bradaric — hip injury Timothy Weah — hip injury Jonathan Bamba — hip injury
Wolfsburg started this season perfectly. They are first in the 2021-22 Bundesliga table. The Wolves won four starting fixtures beating Bochum (1-0), Hertha (2-1), Leipzig (1-0) and Greuther Furth (2-0).
Despite these results, Wolfsburg have not played flawlessly in the 2021-22 season. They have made 34 shots and have created the same number of chances in penalty areas. The Wolves have made 17 shots on target and have finished 35% of them with a goal. They have been much better in defence: 124 defensive actions in 4 matches, or 31 actions per game, whereas Lille have made only 25.
Wolfsburg have scored two or more goals in three of the last four matches. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.75 (+175; 7/4) in the next match.
Wolfsburg team news: Xaver Schlager — knee injury Bartosz Bialek — knee injury Paulo Otávio — ankle injury
The Wolves won over Lille (3-0) in the most recent H2H fixture between the sides.
Lille vs Wolfsburg (September 14) key players and lineups
Lille projected starting lineup:
- Leo Jardim
- Sven Botman
- Jose Fonte
- Zeki Celik
- Reinaldo Mandava
- Benjamin Andre
- Renato Sanches
- Isaac Lihadji
- Jonathan Ikone
- Jonathan David
- Burak Yilmaz
Burak Yilmaz started the season well. He has created four chances in penalty areas. Also, he has made 14 shots with 50% of them on target. Burak has scored two goals in five fixtures of the 2021-22 Ligue 1 season.
Wolfsburg projected starting lineup:
- Koen Casteels
- Maxence Lacroix
- Kevin Mbabu
- Jerome Roussillon
- John Brooks
- Josuha Guilavogui
- Maximilian Arnold
- Maximilien Philippe
- Ridle Baku
- Renato Steffen
- Wout Weghorst
Wout Weghorst is the best forward in Wolfsburg now. He has scored two goals and made an assist in four matches this season. Approximately 73% of the 11 shots he made were on target.
Lille vs Wolfsburg (September 14) betting tips and prediction
Lille started the season in a tiresome way, whereas Wolfsburg are at the top of their league. Also, Lille have lost seven out of eight last matches in the Champions League. But I think we could see a draw in this fixture. Despite recent bad results, Lille are overall stronger than Wolfsburg. Also, both teams have scored in five of the last six matches with Lille participating, which offers another rather safe betting opportunity.
Betting prediction: Draw
Odds: 3.20 (+220 American; 11/5 Fractional)
Betting prediction: Both teams to score
Odds: 2.05 (+105 American; 21/20 Fractional)