Monaco vs Marseille prediction and betting tips (September 11)
Monaco will meet Marseille in the fifth round of Ligue 1. After the former were relegated from the Champions League, the French championship is their main goal.
Cengiz Under (Marseille) is club's top-scorer
Cengiz Under (Marseille) is club's top-scorer

The Monaco vs Marseille fixture in Round 5 of Ligue 1 will take place on Saturday, 11 September 2021, starting at 07:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Louis II, Monaco. Monaco vs Marseille (September 11) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Monaco vs Marseille (September 11) latest odds on betting sites

Monaco are the favourites of this fixture. They are priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional) to win. Chances of their victory are approximately equal to 47.6%. Marseille come with the odds of 3.65 (+265; 53/20) to beat Monaco in the fifth round, which equals an approximate probability of 26%. The draw is priced with the odds of 3.70 (+270; 27/10) in this fixture. Chances of this outcome are equal to 26.4%.

The latest odds for Monaco vs Marseille (September 11) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 goals — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 2.5 goals — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian goals handicap (-1.5) games on Monaco— 3.75 (+275; 11/4)
  • Asian goals handicap (+1.5) games on Marseille — 1.25 (-400; 1/4)
  • Wissam Ben Yedder to score at any time — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Cengiz Under to score at any time — 3.00 (+200; 2/1)

Monaco vs Marseille (September 11) match preview and stats

Monaco are clearly struggling: they have already lost a lot of fixtures in the 2021-22 season. The Champions League knockout followed a bad start to the new season of the Ligue 1. The Monegasques are in 14th place with one victory, one draw, and two losses.

Niko Kovaс’s men met Nantes (1-1) in the first round of the league. Needless to say that the Yellow House are a much weaker team than AS Monaco. After this draw, Monaco lost two fixtures against Lorient (0-1) and Lens (0-2) in the second and third round, respectively. In the most recent game, Monaco won over Troyes (2-1), which was their first victory.

But it is important to note that the Monegasques have dominated in all fixtures in the Ligue 1 2021-22, including lost ones. Niko Kovaс’s squad has made approximately nine shots and three shots on target per match on average. They have controlled the ball 67.25% of the time. However, Monaco have made only 81 defensive actions in four fixtures.

We have seen a total under 2.5 goals in five of the last eight fixtures with Monaco participating. The same outcome is priced with the odds of 2.00 (+100; 1/1) in this match.

Monaco team news: Aleksandr Golovin — ankle injury, Djibril Sidibe — muscle injury, Kevin Volland — ankle injury.

After three fixtures Marseille are fifth in the Ligue 1 table now. Les Olympiens won two fixtures and drew one. They came back in the match against Montpelier from a 0-2 score and finished this fixture with a 3-2 score. Marseille drew in the match against Bordeaux (2-2) in the second round. In spite of the fact that Jorge Sampaoli’s men did not win this game, they dominated it. In the last match, Marseille absolutely destroyed Saint-Etienne (3-1).

Marseille have performed much better than Monaco in the 2021-22 Ligue 1 so far. Les Olympiens have made 41 shots in three matches and have converted 47% of shots on target. Besides, Marseille have created 50 chances in penalty areas in three fixtures, whereas their rivals have created 21 fewer chances in four matches. They have made 85 defensive actions.

Both sides have scored in the last nine matches of Marseille. The bet on both teams to score is priced with the odds of 1.80 (-125; 4/5) in the next match.

Marseille team news: Alvaro Gonzalez — disqualification, Arkadiusz Milik — knee injury, Dimitri Payet — disqualification.

Monaco vs Marseille (September 11) key players and lineups

Monaco projected starting lineup:

  • Alexander Nubel
  • Benoit Badiashile
  • Axel Disasi
  • Ruben Aguilar
  • Caio Henrique
  • Youssouf Fofana
  • Jean Lucas
  • Sofiane Diop
  • Krepin Diatta
  • Wissam Ben Yedder
  • Myron Boadu

Sofiane Diop showed the best performance out of the whole squad in the starting matches of 2021-22 Ligue 1. He scored twice and made five shots in 320 minutes on the field, a fine performance for a midfielder.

Marseille projected starting lineup:

  • Steve Mandanda
  • Duje Caleta-Car
  • William Saliba
  • Jordan Amavi
  • Amay Caprice
  • Boubacar Kamara
  • Matteo Guendouzi
  • Luis Henrique
  • Amine Harit
  • Cengiz Under
  • Dario Benedetto

Cengiz Under is the top-scorer in Marseille. He scored three goals and made seven shots on target in 249 minutes. Also, Cengiz created nine chances in penalty areas.

Monaco vs Marseille (September 11) betting tips and prediction

Marseille played flawlessly in attack and defence and did not lose a fixture, whereas Monaco did not play as perfect in the starting three games of the 2021-22 Ligue 1. I believe Les Olympiense will win this fixture.

Also, both teams could score here, because Marseille has conceded in the last nine matches. Besides, Monaco have scored at least two goals in 11 of their last 13 matches against Marseille in all competitions. It would be logical to expect a total over 2.5 goals too.

Betting prediction: Marseille to win

Odds: 3.65 (+265 American; 53/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Both teams to score

Odds: 1.80 (-125 American; 4/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 goals

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

Monaco — Marseille
Lost
Futures
Both teams to score
1.80
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!