Olympic tennis 2021: Bencic vs Rybakina prediction and betting tips (July 29)
Elena Rybakina has not met top level opponents at the 2021 Olympics, whereas Belinda Bencic had a hard way to her rival in the semis.
Belinda Bencic is a likely finalist of the Olympics
Belinda Bencic is a likely finalist of the Olympics

The Bencic vs Rybakina match up in the semis will take place on Thursday, 29 July 2021, with a start time of 06:00 a.m. GMT at the Ariake Tennis Park, Tokyo, Japan. You will be able to check Belinda Bencic vs Rybakina Elena (July 29) predictions and betting tips further.

Bencic vs Rybakina (July 29) latest odds on betting sites

These two tennis players can be called equal in their skills. Belinda is the underdog according to online bookmakers, though. Her win in the semi-final match is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional), which equals an approximate probability of 41%. Whereas Elena Rybakina to qualify for the final comes with the odds of 1.60 (-167; 3/5). Chances are around 59%.

Over/Under games total:

  • Over 21.5 games — 1.94 (-106; 47/50)
  • Under 21.5 games — 1.92 (-109; 23/25)

Over/Under sets total:

  • Over 2.5 sets — 2.50 (+150; 3/2)
  • Under 2.5 sets — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)

Asian handicap:

  • Belinda Bencic (+2.5) — 2.00 (+100; evens)
  • Elena Rybakina (-2.5) — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Bencic vs Rybakina (July 29) match preview and stats

Belinda Bencic had a hard way to this stage. She met Jessica Pegula (6-3, 6-3) in the Round of 64, Misaki Doi (6-2, 6-4) in the second round and Barbora Kreichikova (1-6, 6-2, 6-3) afterwards. Then she played against Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (6-0, 3-6, 6-3) in the quarter-finals and easily won it. Notably, Bencic was an underdog in 3 of her last 4 matches.

Belinda Bencic improved her stats at the Olympics 2021 compared to the whole season. She won 76% of her serves and 43% of return games. Same stats in the full 2020-21 season are as follows: service games — 67.5%, return games — 27.1%. Her results at other events were not as good as at the 2021 Olympics. She performed at Wimbledon (1R), WTA Itsburn (2R), WTA Berlin Open (2nd place) and WTA Madrid Open (quarters), to name a few.

Swiss tennis player has won first sets in 3 of her last 4 matches. This outcome in the semis comes with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5).

Elena Rybakina has met easier opponents than her current rivals, apart from the quarter-finals. In the first round she met Samanta Stosur (6-4, 6-2). Then she played against Rebekka Peterson (6-2, 6-3) and Donna Vekic (7-6, 6-4). After that, she won over the first really strong opponent Garbine Muguruza (7-5, 6-1)

Rybakina is showing masterful play in her service games, winning 71.3% of them this season. Besides, her return games are much better than her rival’s, with a win rate of 32.5%. Elena Rybakina performed well at this year's tournaments: Wimbledon (1/8 finals), WTA Itsburn (semis) and Roland Garros (quarters).

Rybakina has won in 7 of her last 8 matches with the scores of 2-0. Elena Rybakina to beat her next rival with the same score is priced with the odds of 2.40 (+140; 7/5).

Bencic vs Rybakina (July 29) betting tips and prediction

Both athletes showed great skills at this tournament. Of course, Rybakina looks stronger: her results at the current tournament and in the whole season are much better. However, Belinda showed a good performance against stronger rivals. They have not had head-to-head fixtures yet, but I believe we will see a close game in 3 sets.

Betting prediction: Belinda Bencic (+3.5) handicap

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets

Odds: 2.50 (+150 American; 3/2 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 21.5 games

Odds: 1.94 (-106 American; 47/50 Fractional)

Tennis Olympic tennis 2021 . Women. Singles. Semi-finals
Belinda Bencic — Elena Rybakina
Won
Futures
Belinda Bencic (+3.5) handicap
1.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!