US Open 2021: Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas prediction and betting tips (September 3)
The youngest player on the top 100 ATP list Carlos Alcaraz will meet Stefanos Tsitsipas at the US Open 2021.
Stefanos Tsitsipas is odds-on favourite
Stefanos Tsitsipas is odds-on favourite

The Carlos Alcaraz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas game will take place on Saturday, 3 September 2021, starting at 03:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, New York, USA. Carlos Alcaraz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (September 3) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas (September 3) latest odds on betting sites

Of course, the Greek player is the favourite in this match. His triumph in the third round is priced with the odds of 1.20 (-500 American; 1/5 Fractional), which equals an approximate probability of 82%. Carlos Alcaraz to beat Tsitsipas comes with the odds of 5.10 (+410; 41/10). The chances of this outcome are equal to 18%.

The latest odds for Carlos Alcaraz vs Stefanos Tsitsipas (September 3) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 sets — 1.75 (-133; 3/4)
  • Under 3.5 sets — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Over 4.5 sets — 4.40 (+340; 17/5)
  • Under 4.5 sets — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
  • Asian handicap (-6.5) on Stefanos Tsitsipas — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (+6.5) on Carlos Alcaraz — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)

Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas (September 3) match preview and stats

Carlos Alcaraz won the first two rounds, easily. His rival in the 1R was Cameron Norrie (6-4, 6-4, 6-3). In the second fixture, he met Arthur Rinderknech (7-6, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4).

Carlos’ results in other events this year were terrific as for his first pro season. He won Oeiras 3 Chall and ATP Umag. Alcaraz finished the Winston-Salem Open in the semis. All these results made him 55th on the list of best tennis players in the world.

The Spaniard hasn’t been as successful in the service games. He has won approximately 73% of them by far this season. Despite this, Carlos has shown outstanding results in the return games. He has won approximately 42% of them while converting 43% of breakpoints.

Carlos Alcaraz has won first sets in four of the last five matches. The Spanish player to win the first set in this match comes with the odds of 2.90 (+190; 19/10).

Stefanos Tsitsipas won against his first rivals, scarcely. He had to work hard to beat Andy Murray (2-6, 7-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4) and reach the second round. In the next fixture, the Greek met Adrian Mannarino (6-3, 6-4, 6-7, 6-0). Tsitsipas won ATP Lyon this year. Also, this year he finished the French Open in the final and Toronto alongside Cincinnati in the semis.

The Greek tennis player has absolutely opposite statistics than his next opponent this season. Stefanos is one of the best players in the service games. Tsitsipas has finished 86% of them successfully. In spite of perfect results in service play, he has won only 21% of return games. Also, Tsitsipas has saved 64% of breakpoints but has converted only 39% of them.

Stefanos Tsitsipas finished all previous fixtures with a total of over 3.5 sets at the US Open. This outcome in the 3R is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4).

Alcaraz vs Tsitsipas (September 3) betting tips and prediction

The safest outcome is a total over 3.5 sets. Tsitsipas finished all past fixtures at the 2021 US Open with this total while playing all five sets in four of the last five matches. The Greek has played four or more sets in four of the last seven best-of-five matches with a total over 3.5 sets in 2021.

Also, Carlos Alcaraz has won the last 15 fixtures with an Asian handicap (+6.5) playing out. The same outcome in this match looks safe.

The last prediction for this match is a total over 9.5 games in the first set. The Spanish player has had the same result in five of the last six fixtures. Tsitsipas has finished his first sets with a total of 10 or more games in four of the last seven matches.

Betting prediction: Over 3.5 sets

Odds: 1.75 (-133 American; 3/4 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+6.5) on Carlos Alcaraz

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games (1st set)

Odds: 1.70 (-143 American; 7/10 Fractional)

Tennis US Open 2021 . Men. Singles. Round 3
Carlos Alcaraz — Stefanos Tsitsipas
Won
Futures
Over 3.5 sets
1.75
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!