US Open 2021: Auger-Aliassime vs Alcaraz Garfia prediction and betting tips (September 8)
Carlos Alcaraz Garfia came back from 1-2 sets score in the Round of 16 fixture to meet Felix Auger-Aliassime in the next stage.
Alcaraz Garfia improved his stats at the 2021 US Open
Alcaraz Garfia improved his stats at the 2021 US Open

The Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia fixture will take place on Tuesday, 8 September 2021, starting at 00:30 a.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe Stadium, New York. Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (September 8) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Auger-Aliassime vs Alcaraz Garfia (September 8) latest odds on betting sites

The French tennis player is the favorite of this match due to his better rank on the ATP list. Felix Auger-Aliassime is priced with the odds of 1.50 (-200 American; 1/2 Fractional) to win over his rival in the quarter-final. The chances of this outcome are equal to 65%. Alcaraz Garfia comes with the odds of 2.70 (+170; 17/10) to qualify for the semi-final, which equals an approximate probability of 35%.

The latest odds for Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Carlos Alcaraz Garfia (September 8) betting markets:

  • Over 38.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Over 3.5 sets — 1.55 (-182; 11/20)
  • Under 3.5 sets — 2.40 (+140; 7/5)
  • Asian handicap (-3.5) games on Felix Auger-Aliassime — 1.92 (-109; 23/25)
  • Asian handicap (+3.5) games on Carlos Alcaraz Garfia — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)

Auger-Aliassime vs Alcaraz Garfia (September 8) match preview and stats

Felix Auger-Aliassime’s way to the quarter-final started with a difficult fixture against Evgeny Donskoy (7-6, 3-6, 7-6, 7-6). After this, he won over Bernabe Zapata Miralles (7-6, 6-3, 6-2) easily. In the 1/16 finals, the French tennis player beat Roberto Bautista Agut (6-3, 6-4, 4-6, 3-6, 6-3) in a very close game. Auger-Aliassime met Frances Tiafoe (4-6, 6-2, 7-6, 6-4) in the most recent fixture.

He was not bad in the other tournaments in 2021 too. The French tennis player qualified for the quarter-finals at the 2021 ATP Cincinnati and at the 2021 ATP Wimbledon. Also, Auger-Aliassime took second place at the 2021 ATP Stuttgart.

Felix has played his serves flawlessly but has not shown the same perfect performance in his return serves this year. The Frenchman has won 84% of his service games, but only 23% of the return games. In spite of this low ratio, Auger-Aliassime has converted 40% of breakpoints and has won 37% of return serves.

We have seen a total over 9.5 games in the first sets in three of the last four matches with Felix Auger-Aliassime participating. This outcome is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in the quarter-final

Carlos Alcaraz Garfia beat Cameron Norrie (6-4, 6-4, 6-3) and Arthur Rinderknech (7-6, 4-6, 6-1, 6-4) in the 1R and 2R, respectively. After these easy fixtures, the Spanish tennis player pulled off a sensation by winning over Stefanos Tsitsipas (6-3, 4-6, 7-6, 0-6, 7-6) to qualify for the Round of 16. His most recent fixture finished in five sets too: Alcaraz Garfia beat Peter Gojowczyk (5-7, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2, 6-0).

The Spanish tennis player has made only 11 double faults in all matches at the 2021 US Open to date. Alcaraz Garfia has improved the stats of his serves. He has won 83% of service games at this tournament, whereas the same ratio in the 2021 season for him has been equal to 74%. Also, Carlos Alcaraz Garcia has won 30 out of 81 return games and has converted approximately 47% of breakpoints at the 2021 US Open by now.

The Spaniard has won first sets in three of the last four fixtures. He is priced with the odds of 2.20 (+120; 6/5) to beat Felix Auger-Aliassime in the first set.

Auger-Aliassime vs Alcaraz Garfia (September 8) betting tips and prediction

Alcaraz Garfia improved his stats at the 2021 US Open. He beat strong rivals like Stefanos Tsitsipas and Cameron Norrie and looked confident. He showed perfect play in the return games and won all tie-breaks.

Felix Auger-Aliassime met weaker rivals than his next opponent and showed merely his regular performance at the 2021 US Open.

I expect Alcaraz Garfia will win over the French tennis player, but an Asian handicap of (+1.5) sets on him looks safer. Also, the game could be close, and a total over 4.5 sets looks like a safe outcome. It has played out in two of the last three matches with Carlos participating.

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Carlos Alcaraz Garfia

Odds: 1.85 (-117 American; 17/20 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 4.5 sets

Odds: 3.30 (+230 American; 23/10 Fractional)

Tennis US Open 2021 . Men. Singles. Quarter-final
Felix Auger-Aliassime — Carlos Alcaraz Garfia
Lost
Futures
Asian handicap (+1.5) sets on Alcaraz Garfia
1.85
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!