US Open 2021: Barty vs Rogers prediction and betting tips (September 4)
After her triumph at Cincinnati, Ashleigh Barty is ready to meet Shelby Rogers in the 1/16 finals of the US Open 2021.
Ashleigh Barty faces first 3-set game
Ashleigh Barty faces first 3-set game

The Ashleigh Barty vs Shelby Rogers game will take place on Sunday, 4 September 2021, starting at 03:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, New York, USA. Ashleigh Barty vs Shelby Rogers (September 4) prediction and betting tips are below as well as the betting odds.

Barty vs Rogers (September 4) latest odds on betting sites

Barty to win the eighth fixture in a row is priced with the odds of 1.15 (-667 American; 3/20 Fractional). The chances of her victory are 87%. Shelby Rogers to qualify for the next stage comes with the odds of 8.00 (+700; 7/1), which equals an approximate probability of 13%.

The latest odds for Ashleigh Barty vs Shelby Rogers (September 4) betting markets:

  • Over 2.5 sets — 4.30 (+330; 33/10)
  • Under 2.5 sets — 1.20 (-500; 1/5)
  • Over 18.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 18.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Asian handicap (-6.5) on Ashleigh Barty — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian handicap (+6.5) on Shelby Rogers — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Barty vs Rogers (September 4) match preview and stats

Ashleigh Barty beat her first rivals easily. In the first round, she met Vera Zvonareva (6-1, 7-6). The first set finished quite fast, while in the second one, the Russian was close to even the scores. Vera won three sets in a row, but lost this fixture in a tie-break.

The match in the second round was approximately the same. Ashleigh Barty easily beat Clara Tauson in the first set, but the second one finished in a close fight (6-1, 7-5).

Worth saying, the Australian won Wimbledon and Cincinnati this year while finishing second in the WTA Madrid.

Barty met Rogers four times in 2021. She has won approximately 80% of serve games and 33.3% of return games. Also, she has made 14 double faults and has saved only 49% of breakpoints. All these stats are worse than her average results in 2021. Only one ratio has been better: Ashleigh has won 77% of first serves against Shelby in 2021.

Ashleigh Barty has won the last six fixtures with an Asian handicap (-5.5). This outcome in the current fixture is priced with the odds of 1.65 (-154; 13/20).

Shelby Rogers started the tournament almost perfectly. She won both rounds flawlessly. In the first round, the American beat Madison Brengle (6-4, 6-0). Shelby started the first set with a 0-2 score, but then she took four sets in a row and finally won it 6-4, whereas the second set was won to nil, fast. In the 2R she met Sorana Cirstea (7-5, 6-2). The fixture was similar to the first one: Rogers came back from the 1-4 score, afterwards winning the second set easily. For Rogers, 1/8 finals at the WTA Charleston 2 and 1/16 at the Wimbledon were the best results this year.

The American tennis player has had much worse stats than her current rival in 2021. Shelby has won only 70% of serve games and 31.7% of return games. But she has been good at the breakpoints. Rogers has saved approximately 55% of them and has converted 46%.

There has been a total under 19.5 games in six of the last eight fixtures with Shelby Rogers playing. The same outcome against Barty comes with the odds of 1.64 (-156; 16/25)

Barty vs Rogers (September 4) betting tips and prediction

Both tennis players have similar playing styles. They tend to save strength in one set and show everything in the other. Both started the current tournament almost perfectly.

Based on this, I think that we will see a close game with three sets, which will be finished in favour of Barty, who has a streak of eight wins and has won all five head-to-head fixtures against Rogers.

Also, we should anticipate a total of over 18.5 games. This outcome has played out in four out of five H2H matches between these players.

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets & Ashleigh Barty to win

Odds: 4.90 (+390 American; 39/10 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 18.5 games

Odds: 1.95 (-105 American; 19/20 Fractional)

Tennis US Open 2021 . Women. Singles. Round 3
Ashleigh Barty — Shelby Rogers
Lost
Futures
Over 2.5 sets & Ashleigh Barty to win
4.90
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!