US Open 2021: Djokovic vs Berrettini prediction and betting tips (September 8)
Matteo Berrettini will use this third attempt to defeat Novak Djokovic in 2021. Winner of this match will qualify for the semi-final.
Novak Djokovic faces a 4-5 sets match against Berrettini
Novak Djokovic faces a 4-5 sets match against Berrettini

The Novak Djokovic vs Matteo Berrettini game will take place on Wednesday, 8 September 2021, starting at 04:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe Stadium, New York. Novak Djokovic vs Matteo Berrettini (September 8) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Djokovic vs Berrettini (September 8) latest odds on betting sites

It was predictable to see Novak Djokovic the favourite of this match. The Serbian tennis player is priced with the odds of 1.16 (-625 American; 4/25 Fractional), which equals an approximate probability of 86%. Matteo Berrettini comes with the odds of 6.80 (+580; 29/5) to win over the best player in the world. Chances of his triumph are equal to 14%.

The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Matteo Berrettini (September 8) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 sets — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Under 3.5 sets — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Over 34.5 games — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Under 34.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Asian sets handicap (-7.5) games on Novak Djokovic — 2.10 (+110; 11/10)
  • Asian sets handicap (+7.5) games on Matteo Berrettini — 1.80 (-125; 4/5)

Djokovic vs Berrettini (September 8) match preview and stats

Novak Djokovic’s way to the quarter-finals was not that difficult. He won over Nodskov Rune (6-1, 6-7, 6-2, 6-1), Tallon Griekspoor (6-2, 6-3, 6-2) and Kei Nishikori (6-7, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3) to qualify for the Round of 16. At this stage, the Serbian tennis player met Jenson Brooksby (1-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2). He played badly in the first set and lost it with a 1-6 score. But in the next three sets, Novak won 12 out of the 13 service games and six out of the 12 return games. Also, he made only one double fault.

Djokovic has met Matteo Berrettini three times, and twice in 2021. All these fixtures have finished in favour of the Serb. Novak Djokovic performed confidently in the last two head-to-heads. He won 95% of serve games, which was provided by winning approximately 78% of first serves. Besides, the Serb won 10 out of the 41 return games and 39% of return points. Novak played worse in his return games against this opponent than in 2021 in general, but he was flawless in the service games

Novak has lost the first set in two of the last three fixtures. Berrettini is priced with the odds of 3.20 (+220; 11/5) to win over Djokovic in the first set.

Matteo Berrettini easily won over Jeremy Chardy (7-6, 7-6, 6-3) in the first round. The second round was not difficult either. The Italian beat Corentin Moutet (7-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3). But in the 1/16 finals, Berrettini was close to ending his participation in the 2021 US Open, but qualified for the Round of 16 beating Ilya Ivashka in five sets (6-7, 6-2, 6-4, 2-6, 6-3). In the most recent match, Berrettini won over Oscar Otte (6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 6-2).

Matteo Berrettini performed well in other tournaments of the season. He won the 2021 ATP London, took second place at the 2021 ATP Wimbledon and at the 2021 ATP Madrid. Besides, the Italian finished the 2021 ATP French Open in the quarter-final.

Berrettini has had perfect stats in his service games in 2021 so far. He has won 90% of service games and 71% of service points. These stats have been the greatest among all players from the top 100 ATP list in 2021. But his ratios in the return serves and games have been worse. Matteo Berrettini has won 23% of return games and 37% of return points. The Italian has saved 72% of breakpoints and converted 40% of them.

We have seen a total over 35.5 games in the last 3 fixtures of Berrettini. This result is priced with the odds of 2.10 (+110; 11/10) in the next match.

Djokovic vs Berrettini (September 8) betting tips and prediction

Matteo Berrettini showed an irreproachable performance in his service games. His other stats were good in 2021 too. Berrettini played close fixtures against Novak Djokovic. The Italian tennis player was good in other tournaments and performed flawlessly in matches against top-level rivals.

I believe Novak Djokovic will win this match, but his rival will win 1 or more sets in this fixture. However, sets could be close, so we may witness a total over 35.5 games.

Betting prediction: Novak Djokovic to win & over 3.5 sets

Odds: 2.40 (+140 American; 7/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 35.5 games

Odds: 2.10 (+110 American; 11/10 Fractional)

Tennis US Open 2021 . Men. Singles. Quarter-final
Novak Djokovic — Matteo Berrettini
Won
Futures
Novak Djokovic to win & over 3.5 sets
2.40
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!