US Open 2021: Djokovic vs Zverev prediction and betting tips (September 10)
Novak Djokovic is ready to beat Alexander Zverev after an offensive defeat in the semi-finals of the 2021 Olympics.
Zverev is up for another upset against Djokovic
Zverev is up for another upset against Djokovic

The Novak Djokovic vs Alexander Zverev fixture will take place on Friday, 10 September 2021, starting at 11:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe Stadium, New York. Novak Djokovic vs Alexander Zverev (September 10) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Djokovic vs Zverev (September 10) latest odds on betting sites

Novak Djokovic is the odds-on favourite of this fixture according to online betting sites. The Serb is priced with the odds of 1.40 (-250 American; 2/5 Fractional) to qualify for the final, which equals an approximate probability of 70%. Alexander Zverev comes with the odds of 3.20 (+220, 11/5) to win over his next rival. Chances of his victory are equal to 30%.

The latest odds for Novak Djokovic vs Alexander Zverev (September 10):

  • Over 3.5 sets — 1.70 (-143; 7/10)
  • Under 3.5 sets — 2.20 (+120; 6/5)
  • Over 38.5 games — 1.95 (-105; 19/20)
  • Under 38.5 games — 1.98 (-102; 49/50)
  • Asian sets handicap (-4.5) games on Novak Djokovic— 2.05 (+105; 21/20)
  • Asian sets handicap (+4.5) games on Alexander Zverev — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)

Djokovic vs Zverev (September 10) match preview and stats

Novak Djokovic defeated Nodskov Rune (6-1, 6-7, 6-2, 6-1), Tallon Griekspoor (6-2, 6-3, 6-2), Kei Nishikori (6-7, 6-3, 6-3, 6-3) and Jenson Brooksby (1-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2) to qualify for the quarter-final. Djokovic won over Matteo Berrettini (5-7, 6-2, 6-2, 6-3) at this stage.

The most recent head-to-head match between Novak Djokovic and Alexander Zverev was at the 2021 Olympics. The Serb beat his rival in the first set with a 6-1 score, but in the last two sets we saw 3-6 and 1-6 scores, respectively, which led to Djokovic going home.

Overall, there were 11 H2H matches between these players. Novak Djokovic won seven of them, whereas Alexander Zverev won only four.

Novak Djokovic has not shown confident performance in head-to-head matches against Zverev in 2021. He has won only 82% of service games and 65% of service points. Also, the Serbian tennis player has won only 13 out of 48 return games and 37% of return points. If we look up breakpoint stats, Novak Djokovic has performed better there. He has saved 13 out of 22 breakpoints and has converted 56% of them

Both players have won a set or more in four of the last five H2H matches between them. A total over 3.5 is priced with the odds of 1.70 (-143; 7/10) in the semi-final fixture.

Alexander Zverev finished all his previous fixtures at the US Open 2021 easily. The German tennis player won over Sam Querrey (6-4, 7-5, 6-2), Albert Ramos-Vinolas (6-1, 6-0, 6-3), Jack Sock (3-6, 6-2, 6-3, 2-1) and Jannik Sinner (6-4, 6-4, 7-6) to qualify for the 1/4 finals. At this stage, Alexander Zverev beat Lloyd Harris (7-6, 6-3, 6-4).

Zverev was great in the most recent H2H fixture against Novak Djokovic. Alexander came back during the match, and his stats were close to perfect. Alexander Zverev won 42% of return games and 60% of service points. Besides, Zverev converted 56% of breakpoints and made only one double fault in three sets.

Alexander Zverev lost only one set at the 2021 US Open. This is the reason why his stats are so good at the tournament. So far he has won 94 % of service games: this ratio has been provided by winning 72% of service points. Also, Aleksander has won 22 out of 72 return games, has converted 40% of breakpoints and has saved 63% of them. But Zverev has made 15 double faults, which is not his strong side.

Zverev has won the last five best-of-five matches with a total under 3.5 sets. Alexander Zverev to win + under 3.5 sets comes with the odds of 8.20 (+720; 36/5).

Djokovic vs Zverev (September 10) betting tips and prediction

Djokovic broke his streak without losses at the 2021 Olympics and showed that top-level rivals can beat him. Also, Alexander Zverev is an uncomfortable opponent for the Serbian tennis player. Djokovic’s stats in H2H against Zverev are much worse than his average.

Besides, Zverev is in his best condition at the moment. He has a streak of 16 victories in a row and has played incredibly at the 2021 US Open. I think that Alexander Zverev will beat Djokovic again with a total over 3.5 sets. But the second set must be close because both opponents will get used to each other and won’t back down.

Betting prediction: Alexander Zverev to win & over 3.5 sets

Odds: 4.20 (+320 American; 16/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games (2nd set)

Odds: 1.60 (-167 American; 3/5 Fractional)

Tennis US Open 2021 . Semi-final
Novak Djokovic — Alexander Zverev
Lost
Futures
Alexander Zverev to win & over 3.5 sets
4.20
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!