US Open 2021: Evans vs Medvedev prediction and betting tips (September 5)
Daniil Medvedev, who has not lost a set at the 2021 US Open yet, will meet Daniel Evans in the Round of 16.
Daniil Medvedev won 3 matches easily
Daniil Medvedev won 3 matches easily

The Daniel Evans vs Daniil Medvedev game will take place on Sunday, 5 September 2021, starting at 03:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe Stadium, New York, USA. Daniel Evans vs Daniil Medvedev (September 5) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Evans vs Medvedev (September 5) latest odds on betting sites

Daniil Medvedev is the sure favourite of this match, due to his perfect results in this current tournament. The Russian tennis player to qualify for the quarters is priced with the odds of 1.03 (-3333 American; 3/100 Fractional), which equals an approximate probability of 97%. Daniel Evans to win over Daniil Medved comes with the odds of 18.00 (+1700; 17/1). The chances of this outcome are equal to 3%.

The latest odds for Daniel Evans vs Daniil Medvedev (September 5) betting markets:

  • Over 3.5 sets — 2.60 (+160; 8/5)
  • Under 3.5 sets — 1.50 (-200; 1/2)
  • Over 29.5 games — 1.92 (-109; 23/25)
  • Under 29.5 games — 1.94 (-106; 47/50)
  • Asian handicap (-8.5) on Daniil Medvedev — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+8.5) on Daniel Evans — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)

Evans vs Medvedev (September 5) match preview and stats

Daniel Evans’ way to the Round of 16 was not easy. He met Thiago Monteiro (6-3, 6-7, 6-4, 6-1) in the 1R. After this victory, Evans beat Marcos Giron (6-4, 7-6, 2-6, 6-3), where he was lucky to come back from a 0-3 score in the second set. In the 1/16 finals, Daniel came back from a 0-2 set score against Alexei Popyrin (4-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6)

His best results in 2021 are as follows: the semi-final at the 2021 ATP Monte Carlo, the quarterfinal at the 2021 ATP Nottingham Open and at the 2021 ATP London.

Daniel’s stats have not been so impeccable in 2021. He has won 79% of service games, which is a mid-level ratio. Evans has won 24% of the return games. But the British tennis player has saved 69% of breakpoints and has converted 49% of them, which is one of the best results among players from the top 30 on the ATP list.

We have seen a total over 3.5 sets in all past fixtures at the 2021 US Open with Daniel’s participation. A total over 3.5 sets in this match is priced with the odds of 2.60 (+160; 8/5).

Daniil Medvedev swept out all his rivals from this tournament easily. The Russian tennis player beat Richard Gasquet (6-4, 6-3, 6-1) in the first round. In the third set, he won six serves in a row. After this, he met Dominik Koepfer (6-4, 6-1, 6-2) in the 2R. In the 1/16 finals, Daniil won over Pablo Andujar (6-0, 6-4, 6-3). In the 1st set, Medvedev did not lose more than 30 points in each game.

In 2021, the Russian won three events — ATP Masters 1000 Canada, ATP Mallorca, ATP Marseille — and was placed second at the 2021 Australian Open.

Daniil has shown a confident performance this year, which has made his stats flawless. Medvedev has won 86% of serve games and 41% of return, these ratios are perfect. Breakpoints stats are as good. He has saved 69% of them and has saved 47%. Also, the Russian tennis player has made more than nine aces per game on average.

Medvedev has won the first sets in the last nine fixtures. This outcome in the next match comes with the odds of 1.20 (-500; 1/5).

Evans vs Medvedev (September 5) betting tips and prediction

Medvedev is my favourite. His stats are much better than Evans’. The Russian has won the last three fixtures with a 3-0 score, but I think this match will not be finished with the same result. Evans has low chances to win but he could finish one set in his favour. A 3-1 Medvedev’s victory looks safe. Also, a total over 3.5 sets could be played too.

Besides, the British player will show his best play in the other sets. Asian handicap (+8.5) games on Daniel Evans has played in all matches with his participation in 2021.

Betting prediction: Over 3.5 sets

Odds: 2.60 (+160 American; 8/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Daniil Medvedev to win 3-1

Odds: 3.80 (+280 American; 14/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Asian handicap (+8.5) games on Daniel Evans

Odds: 2.00 (+100 American; 1/1 Fractional)

Tennis US Open 2021 . Men. Singles. Round of 16
Daniel Evans — Daniil Medvedev
Lost
Futures
Over 3.5 sets
2.60
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!