US Open 2021: Sabalenka vs Fernandez prediction and betting tips (September 9)
Leylah Fernandez has already beaten two main favourites of the US Open 2021. She has a chance to defeat the third one to qualify for the final.
Leylah Fernandez has already caused 2 upsets at US Open
Leylah Fernandez has already caused 2 upsets at US Open

The Aryna Sabalenka vs Leylah Fernandez game will take place on Thursday, 9 September 2021, starting at 11:00 p.m. GMT. The venue is Arthur Ashe Stadium, New York. Aryna Sabalenka vs Leylah Fernandez (September 9) prediction and betting tips can be found below.

Sabalenka vs Fernandez (September 9) latest odds on betting sites

Aryna Sabalenka, who won her last nine sets in a row, is the sure favourite of this fixture. She is priced with the odds of 1.30 (-333 American; 3/10 Fractional) to qualify for the fourth final in 2021. The chances of this outcome are equal to 72%. Leylah Fernandez comes with the odds of 4.10 (+310; 31/10), which equals an approximate probability of 28%.

The latest odds for Aryna Sabalenka vs Leylah Fernandez (September 9) betting markets:

  • Over 20.5 games — 2.00 (+100; 1/1)
  • Under 20.5 games — 1.90 (-111; 9/10)
  • Over 2.5 sets — 2.80 (+180; 9/5)
  • Under 2.5 sets — 1.40 (-250; 2/5)
  • Asian handicap (-4.5) games on Aryna Sabalenka — 1.85 (-117; 17/20)
  • Asian handicap (+4.5) games on Leylah Fernandez — 2.05 (+105; 21/20)

Sabalenka vs Fernandez (September 9) match preview and statistics

Aryna Sabalenka’s rivals before the quarter-final were as follows: Nina Stojanovic (6-4, 6-7, 6-0), Tamara Zidansek (6-3, 6-1), Danielle Collins (6-3, 6-3) and Elisa Mertens (6-4, 6-1). In the most recent fixture, Aryna won over Barbora Krejcikova (6-1, 6-4) to qualify for the current stage. Aryna Sabalenka won all return games in the first set and 64% of return points. Surprisingly, she played worse in service games. Sabalenka won 75% of them and 57% of service points, but made seven double faults in two sets.

Aryna Sabalenka has shown flawless play in return games in 2021 so far. She has won 37% of them and has won 44.3% of return points. Also, Aryna has converted 50% of breakpoints, which is the highest ratio in the top 10 of the WTA rankings. Her results in service games have been good too. She has won 76% of service games, approximately 62% of service points, and has saved 62% of breakpoints.

Aryna Sabalenka has won in the last four fixtures with a 2-0 score. The same performance is priced with the odds of 1.75 (-133; 3/4) in the semi-final.

Leylah Fernandez won over Ana Konjuh (7-6, 6-2) in the first round. After this, the Canadian tennis player beat Kaia Kanepi (7-5, 7-5) in two close sets. In the 1/16 finals, Fernandez created a sensation. She won over Naomi Osaka (5-7, 7-6, 6-4). This match was the most difficult for Leylah at the 2021 WTA US Open. Then, Fernandez defeated Angelique Kerber (4-6, 7-6, 6-2) to qualify for the quarter-final. There she created the second biggest upset of the women’s tournament by beating Elina Svitolina (6-3, 3-6, 7-6).

Leylah Fernandez was not as successful in other tournaments this year. She won the 2021 WTA Monterrey only and did not play in other finals.

Fernandez has shown quite low quality of play in 2021 overall. Leylah has won only 62% of service games, 57% of points, and has saved 47% of breakpoints. She has made more than five double faults per game on average. Leylah Fernandez has played much better in return games: she has won 37% of them and 44% of return points. Fernandez has converted 51% of breakpoints, which is the strongest side in her statistics.

We have seen a total over 9.5 games in the first set in four of the last five matches with Leylah Fernandez participating. This outcome is priced with the odds of 2.30 (+130, 13/10) in the next match.

Sabalenka vs Fernandez (September 9) betting tips and prediction

Fernandez has played successfully at the 2021 US Open only. Of course, she won one event this season, but her rivals were much weaker that time, whereas Aryna Sabalenka showed a masterpiece of a lay against high-level rivals.

Sabalenka’s stats and results are much better at the moment. But Leylah Fernandez is very similar to Belinda Bencic at the 2021 Olympics. And she has already won over two favourites showing almost perfect performance against top opponents.

I believe we will see a difficult game with three sets as well as a close first set.

Betting prediction: Over 2.5 sets

Odds: 2.80 (+180 American; 9/5 Fractional)

Betting prediction: Over 9.5 games (1st set)

Odds: 2.30 (+130 American; 13/10 Fractional)

Tennis US Open 2021 . Semi-final
Aryna Sabalenka — Leylah Fernandez
Won
Futures
Over 2.5 sets
2.80
TOP PREDICTIONS
TOP PREDICTIONS
0 comments
Join community: sign up to comment or log in!

No one has commented yet.
Share your thoughts!